Messier 82

Messier 82
Beautiful Hubble shot of a starburst galaxy, M82

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Hello, world?

Greetings! Welcome to Even More Grumbine Science! This is my first foray into the blogosphere as an independent blogger, so it may take me a little while to get used to the medium, but I hope you'll enjoy reading it anyway.

I expect to mostly be discussing science, with a general focus on physics and related origin-of-life-the-universe-and-everything fields, from the perspective of an undergraduate student and generally-interested layperson. I don't expect to be discussing anything terribly technical, since I don't yet know very much in that department, but please do not hesitate to ask for clarification if necessary. On a related note, please correct me when I am wrong; as I said, I am only a student.

To those who may be wondering about the name of the blog: It's the newest member of a family of blogs. The others are by my father and his sister. The first is of interest to anyone looking for general information on what science is and how to do it, with an emphasis on climatology and glaciology. The second is specialized information for my aunt's middle-level science classes. While I don't necessarily expect that a large amount of traffic will migrate all the way over here from there, I would like to welcome any young students who do end up here; please feel free to browse around, and if you find anything confusing (or particularly interesting) leave a comment!

Because there's a slight chance some young people could end up here, comments will be lightly moderated to ensure that language and topics of discussion are reasonably appropriate.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment